March 13, 2012

Review: Dolly Wink No. 11 Pure Sweet & No. 14 Natural Cute



Dolly Wink No. 11 Pure Sweet Review:

Design: Pretty basic actually, and very tame compared to the first set she released. I do like them for a more natural look but I was a bit sad that they weren't as dramatic.Also THEY STARTED DROOPING HALF WAY THROUGH THE DAY, that is not acceptable for fake eyelashes, and the band wasn't as flexible but that was both a good and bad. It was still extremely bendy but when I was a bit rough with them they didn't break. 
3/5
Packaging: HATE! HATE! HATE! It's SO ugly to me. I understand Tsubasa is trying to go for an Otona look instead of the kogyaru, but honestly this packaging was an extremely ugly. About Same amount of
1/5

Comfort: Oh my gosh! I wore these all day and they didn't once bother me! So light and the ends didn't poke my eyes, granted I didn't have to cut them either. 
5/5
 Final Thoughts: I liked these, but was extremely underwhelmed. The length of the lashes were rather short, and the look was seen before. They were boring but practical. I wish there was a balance between this new collection and the one before it.
Final Score
3/5




Dolly Wink No. 14 Natural Cute Review:

Design:LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! They are super cute, keep their curl, can blend with your natural eyelashes if you put them closer to the lash line, but also make a statement, and make your eyes pop for a fantastic accent too. LOVE. when i saw these online for the first time I knew I wanted those ones right away. also, SUPER EASY TO PLACE!
5/5
Packaging: As said before: HATE! HATE! HATE! It's SO ugly to me. I understand Tsubasa is trying to go for an Otona look instead of the kogyaru, but honestly this packaging was an extremely ugly. About Same amount of
1/5

Comfort:True to Dolly Wink! Super light didn't poke or bend. I forgot I was wearing them! maybe if  you dont place them right they could be uncomfortable? but I've had no problem and I've been using them the past week-ish.
5/5
 Final Thoughts: I liked these, but was extremely underwhelmed. The length of the lashes were rather short, and the look was seen before. They were boring but practical. I wish there was a balance between this new collection and the one before it.
Final Score
4* /5
*average was 3.6 but I rounded up

 Wearing the Lashes:

I hope this helped! And you enjoyed this review! Sorry for putting two together, but I thought they complimented each other.

 Love
-Nikki

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, Natural Cute looks amazing on you! What kind of bottom lashes are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The false lashes used were the ones reviewed :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for making this review! I wasn't sure whether to buy from the old Dolly Wink line or the new one, and I'm leaning towards the old line :) Thank you for taking the time to take worn photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck deciding! they are both good quality so you wont go wrong either way, just depends on the look you are going for! I'm glad i could help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review! I just bought both of these, and I think I'll end up really liking them, since I prefer the more natural look. I have the #1 lashes from the original Dolly Wink line but those are a bit too dramatic for my liking, although they are really cute in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you love them :) im sure they will look great on you <3

    ReplyDelete